I just read a rather tragic or insanely funny story out of Jamaica. A 21 year old guy was beaten up for buying tampons for his girl friend.
Okay, yes this screams ignorance and insecurity from the aggressors, but the story in general is on the humorous side… aside from his injuries of course. Read the full story below. (I love how they left his name out of the story at the end)
I like to think of myself as a pretty secure guy that doesn’t let a whole lot bother him. I’ve been sent on the tampon run before and felt a little….odd? It probably only happened a couple times, but what I will ended up doing is buying a bunch of other crap to go with my tampon purchase. You know, I think we need some light bulbs, maybe some ranch dressing, oh and how about another case of Corona. Just so it doesn’t appears that I’m there solely to pick up certain feminine hygiene product. Weird?
Why do I do this? Do I care what the checker person is thinking? Or am I afraid of a gang of punk Jamaican kids are going to kick my butt?
Thanks for listening to my random story.
Cheers to the Salt Life!
A simple trip to the nearest corner shop quickly turned into a painful experience for a 21-year-old man last week after he went there to purchase tampons (sanitary napkins).
THE STAR was told that the victim Robin* from Meadowbrook, St Andrew, was set upon and beaten by a group of men who dubbed him a ‘maama man’ after hearing him order the product.
Click here to read the rest of the story.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page