With over 7,000 islands, islets, reefs and cays, the Caribbean is a very diverse region. There are many well known larger islands and numerous smaller islands that are less known. If you want to take Caribbean vacations, you should try to visit as many of the islands as you can. Although these islands are in the same general region, each island has its own distinct characteristics.
One of the larger islands in the Caribbean is Puerto Rico. This island is an unincorporated territory of the United States. From Crashboat Beach to Playa de Ponce, there are beautiful beaches that surround this awesome island. There is a Tropical Agriculture Research Station on the western side of the island. The Arecibo Observatory is located near the center of the island and is a great tourist attraction. If you feel like hitting a round of 18 holes, there is a golf resort on the eastern side. When it comes to nature Puerto Rico has plenty of offer. There is a National Forest and Nature Reserve both located on the eastern coast as well.
If you are looking for an island where you can get away from your all inclusive hotels and spend all of your time on sandy beaches, then Barbados is the island for you. Mullins Beach, Paradise Beach, Sandy Beach, Casuarina Beach and Silver Sand Beach are some of the better known beaches on the island. The beaches on this island are what draws thousands of visitors each year.
There are plenty of other smaller islands that you can also travel to. These islands include St. Eustatius, St. Kitts, Nevis, Guadeloupe, Dominica, Martinique, and St. Lucia just to name a few. There are also the British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands. The Bahamas also have their own cluster of islands that are also part of the Caribbean. Bermuda is another of the better known islands in the Caribbean. If you are looking for the perfect getaway for your romantic vacations, Bermuda is the island for you.
Whichever island you do decide to spend your vacation on, you are guaranteed to have a fabulous trip. The people in the Caribbean are extremely warm and welcoming. You will instantly feel at home. Whether you are looking to lounge on warm sandy beaches or to hike up a grandiose mountain, these islands are the diverse location that can provide each of these activities. After a week on one of these islands you will not want to leave. The Caribbean is definitely a part of the world that everyone should experience.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alice_Lane
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page