I’ve lived in Bonita Springs, Florida for over 6 years now. Bonita has a fantastic beach. It’s white sand beaches are clean and the calm Gulf of Mexico is picture perfect. The small island that is Bonita Beach is called Little Hickory Island. It’s doesn’t have any mega resorts or high-rise condo buildings. It’s lined with a mix of small beach cottages and some larger mansions. That’s a big reason why I love this side of Florida. We don’t have all the sun blocking, beach hogging hotels to jam everything up. Bonita is a laid back coastal community and that’s the way I like it.
Beach homes here tend to show a lot of personality. They show it with color, size, landscaping and mailboxes. Yes, mailboxes. It seems like Bonita Beach and Ft. Myers beach (just 5 minutes up the road) like to show their island love by showcasing clever mailbox styles. As you drive down the coconut palm lined Estero Blvd. you can’t help but smile and the unique styles and the creativity in some of their designs.
I’ve taken pictures of the best ones and posted them here. Tell me what your favorite is. Do you have a better one? Send me a photo and I’ll post it and add it to the collection.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page