Are you a fan of reggae? Have you heard of Yellowman? If you are a true raggae fan than you better have.
JC Perez brought up Yellowman’s name in a conversation we were having about life in the real Caribbean, away from all the resorts and tourist hot spots. I started digging into yellowman a bit and listening to a few of his laid back Jamaican tracks.
I found out that Yellowman’s scope of influence was a lot larger than I thought and it made me feel like a rookie because I hadn’t heard of him before my conversation with Perez. I’ll quit babbling and let you read a little history about Yellowman as you listen to his Zungguzungguguzungguzeng.
Wikipedia History of Yellowman
Winston Foster grew up in a Catholic orphanage called Alpha Boys School in Kingston, and was shunned due to having albinism, which was usually not socially accepted in Jamaica. Alpha Boys School was known for its musical alumni.
If you’re interesting and want to read more here is the link to the Wikipedia page that has more. Yellowman Wikipedia.
Over and out from somewhere south,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page