This week’s Boat Drink comes from the island of Bermuda. I was a little scared to write this post because my body is still in alcohol denial from the Jimmy Buffett concert. I’ll suck it up for you guys and introduce you to the Rum Swizzle.
David LaHuta who writes an excellent blog called Bermuda Shorts introduced me to this drink. I had to learn more, Rum Swizzle tickle my brain please. I told David that if it has an island vibe and some smooth Caribbean rum then I’m a good student. Isn’t everyone? Here’s is what he teaches us.
Bermuda’s national cocktail
The Rum Swizzle has an interesting history. Click here to find out more. I want to know how it’s made!
The Swizzle Inn, Bermuda – Nightlife – Dining on Voyage.tv
Uploaded by voyagetv. – Exotic and entertaining travel videos.
Rum Swizzle Recipe
(Via Bermuda Shorts)
Fill a shaker with ice, pour in a three-count of Gosling’s Black Seal rum, a three-count of Gosling’s Gold rum (or Mount Gay), a two-count of Triple Sec, a one-count of Bermuda falernum (or simple syrup), add equal parts orange and pineapple juice (about 5 ounces each), the juice of a lemon and a dash of Angostora bitters. Shake until frothy and serve in small cocktail glasses, ala the Swizzle Inn. Wanna take it up a notch? Add some apricot brandy and call it a day.
Let me know if you’ve had a Swizzle or plan on indulging!
Over and out from somewhere south,
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!