If you are looking for some laid back country/island music Pete Harris is your man. With song titles like; Pour me a Vacation, St. Somewhere, Sundays on the Sandbar and Convertible Days you can’t go wrong.
Pete Harris, grew up in Hollywood, Florida and performed in venues from the Florida Keys to Michigan.
Pete was the opening act for over 80 major recording artists such as, Bob Dylan, Trisha Yearwood, The Beach Boys, America, Kenny Loggins, Stephen Stills, The Band, and even for Jay Leno.
Pete lived in Little Hollywood by Micco north of Sebastian, Florida, realizing his goal of living where he “wanted to be when he was off”.
Pete Harris played a laid back style of acoustic music that celebrates living in Florida all of his life. When listening, you can picture the places he has played, the life he has lived, and the dreams he has had. There have been the obvious ‘Buffett’ comparisons however, you cannot help but also hear shades of the Eagles, Jackson Browne, and even a hint of Bertie Higgins.
Sunday’s at the Sandbar
Pete Harris owned his own recording studio and publishing company, Porthole Publishing (BMI). His music has been described as “having the feeling of a relaxing warm Florida Sunday afternoon on “the deck” with a “cold one” (Chris Long, Brevard Live Magazine, March 2003).
There was not much he didn’t do in the music business. The reason he stayed in it was for the love of the music.
Check him out and you will agree….
Enjoy, it’s great stuff.
Over and out from somewhere south,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page