Let me introduce you to the Irish Trashcan, or as some call it, the Trash Can Drink. It’s not as dirty as its name, in fact this is a great drink to make at a party to show people your mad skills.
If you’re not Irish, no worries. And it doesn’t need to be St. Patrick’s Day to enjoy this drink. The “Irish” simply comes from the fact that the cocktail turns green after you’ve added all the ingredients. The “Trash Can” refers to the fact that it’s made with half the liquors at the bar. Fun right?! Plus it’s a damn good drink that will keep the night going due to the Red Bull.
There’s one ingredient that I’m not a fan of, the dreaded Peach Schnapps. It’s a good thing (for me anyways) that the Peach Schnapps taste and flavor is drowned out by all the other alcohols and the taste Red Bull.
Irish Trash Can Recipe
- 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz light rum
- 1/2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz peach schnapps
- 1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1 can Red Bull® energy drink
Instructions: Fill glass full of ice, then add all liquors and stir. Add full can of Red Bull. It will float and slowly seep down the glass, turning the mix green, hence the name Irish Trash Can.
This drink is probably more of a young person’s drink. I don’t want to say older people wouldn’t drink an Irish Trash Can, but the name as well as the mix of ingredients lends itself to more of a party drink. These days, I’m more of a rum sipper, but Red Bull is a weakness that I indulge in nearly every day. So who knows.
If you are a Red Bull lover like me or plan on making these for all your friends at the next house party, you’re going to need this. Here’s a link to a case of regular Red Bull and here is the sugar free Red Bull. I’m a sugar free kind of guy.
Did you know about the Red Bull Margarita? It’s amazing!
Pin It To Pinterest
Want More Rum Drinks?
Want more Caribbean rum drink recipes? Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Ever good mixologist need some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
Thats a wrap for the Irish Trash Can. Hit us up on Instagram @CaribbeanCastaways and let me know if you make the drink. Send me a photo and we’ll share it on our IG stories!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page