I never go out on the boat without having Jack Johnson loaded up on the ipod. His smooth unique style of soft rock is addictive and puts you in the limin’ mood.
Jack Johnson is a Hawaii resident, singer-songwriter, musician, filmmaker, and surfer known for his work in the soft rock and acoustic genres. In 2001, he achieved commercial success after the release of his debut album, Brushfire Fairytales. He has since released four more albums and a number of EPs. He is also known for organizing an annual event, the Kōkua Festival.
Jack learned to play the guitar at age 14, but was a professional surfer until an accident at Pipeline in which his front teeth were knocked out and he received more than 150 stitches. While he was recovering in bed, he spent his time writing songs and playing guitar. However, Jack didn’t seriously pursue a career in the arts until his college years at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Jack Johnson also played rhythm guitar for the party band “Soil”, and graduated with a degree in film.
Upside Down Jack Johnson
He has written, recorded, and released the albums Brushfire Fairytales (2001), On and On (2003), In Between Dreams (2005), Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies for the Film Curious George (Jack Johnson) (2006) and Sleep Through The Static (2008), he has also been on 3 soundtracks “September Sessions” from the film The September Sessions, “Thicker Than Water” from the film Thicker Than Water, “Sprout”, “A Broke Down Melody” Ep and “Some Live Songs EP”. Several of his songs are also featured in the movie “Out Cold”. His latest album – Sleep Through The Static – reached the top 10 of the US charts.
Over and out from somewhere south,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page