The Bushwacker is a fun, decadent drink that’s creamy and will easily cool you down on a hot Caribbean day. If you’re looking for the Bushwacker recipe and ingredients, then you have come to the right place! I’ll show you what’s in the Bushwacker and how to make one.
This frozen Caribbean cocktail is full of sweet stuff including delicious dark rum, killer-coffee Kahlua, coconut and are mixed with the creme de cacao. They all come together for one of the best blended drinks out there.
Some recipes you find for the Bushwacker may call for Pina Colada mix, but with any good drink I highly recommend avoiding short cuts, it’s not worth it.
The Caribbean is a hot place and this bald man usually has sweat rolling down his head. When that’s the case, there’s nothing better than a frozen Bushwacker to cool oneself down. This is a photo of me drinking one hell of a Bushwacker at Miss Lucy’s on St. John USVI. It tasted even better than it looked! You have to go try one when on island!
Another good place to grab a Bushwacker is at One Love and Ivan’s Stress Free Bar on Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands and at Rum Point on Grand Cayman. Those are some of the best one’s I’ve had.
Before we jump into the drink recipe, and since you love good rum drinks, check out our Castaway Cocktails Recipe eBook! It has 52 drink recipes, lot’s of island favorites and a few of my own creations.
- 4 oz cream of coconut
- 2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
- 1 oz Dark Rum
- 1 oz Dark Creme de Cacao
- 4 oz milk
How To Make: Combine ingredients with two cups of ice in a blender. Blend until smooth, and serve up in two 12 oz cups. Raise glass and toast.
Pin It To Pinterest!
Let me know if you’ve tasted this popular island drink and where the best one you had was. Hit us us on Instagram at @CaribbeanCastaways and tell us about the best Bushwacker you have had!
Want More Caribbean Rum Drinks?
Since you love the Bushwacker, I know you’re a fan of delicious Caribbean rum drinks. What’s not to love right?! They taste great and make you feel as if you’re on vacation. Click here to see our hug list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. You’ll be the master bartender amongst your friends!
Every good mixologist needs some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page