While listening to No Shoe Radio and few songs really stood out to me. The artist? Mishka.
His smooth reggae sound was different and immediately made me want to hear more. I strongly recommend you check out his latest album “Talk About“.
Born to a Bermudian father and Canadian mother, Mishka is bringing his brand of soulful roots-reggae across Canada this October as part of the Exclaim! Fall Concert Series with Canadian headliner Bedouin Soundclash. Mishka’s socially conscious lyrics, seductive vocals, and hypnotic reggae grooves have garnered a solid worldwide cult following since 1999.
Mishka was born in Bermuda, and raised on a 40-foot sailing vessel built by his parents, who wanted to fulfill a lifelong dream of raising their young family by the ocean. Inspired by his rich, natural surroundings and the righteous spirit permeating the Caribbean Islands, Mishka has been singing since before his earliest memories. At the tender age of 10, Mishka acquired a tape player and soon discovered a world of music that moved him. The first record he ever bought was “Avalon” by Roxy Music, and he listened to everything from contemporary Rock to South Africa’s Juluka, Burning Spear, and Bob Marley. While living in Nevis as a young adult in 1992, Mishka devoted himself to writing and performing, connecting with people through his essence and the intimacy of his music.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page