Here is a great story from radio-info.com and I thought I share.
An interesting story from the halls of Country Radio Seminar last week:
No Shoes Radio programmer Jon Anthony was talking about some of the left-field acts that had wound up on the eclectic Internet station built around Kenny Chesney. Many of them were acts that Chesney had discovered himself. “Grant Haze is an artist who was performing at a club in the islands that Kenny met and brought back some music for NSR. We also play an artist called Mishka, again, someone with a Caribbean vibe, and Entrain. And there’s a Country duo here in Nashville called the Brasher/Bogue Project.
“Then we have a rock band called BreakLeg, which is a few guys in Kenny’s crew and band, that are making a serious go of doing their own project,” Anthony adds. “If Kenny or I are in a venue, anywhere, and hear something that fits NSR, we’ll go buy the CD right off the merchandise table!”
Stories of heroic music directors (or program directors) finding music are few and far between these days. Although I took some encouragement from hearing new KAJA San Antonio, Texas, PD Travis Moon talk about some of the songs he’d found since his arrival. It is easy to imagine the average MD not having time to listen to “off-the-menu” music these days. Then again, it is also easy to imagine a major Country artist not having time to listen either. The difference is that when Kenny Chesney walks in with something he heard at a show, he’s not encouraged to go back and play more Kenny Chesney.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page