After one sip, you’ll be wanting to lounge around on the rocks.
Do you like shipwrecks? Some shipwrecks are cool dive locations and others are mysterious hunks of metal that sit on the shore around the world. But that’s not what we are talking about today. You’re here to learn how to make a Shipwreck cocktail and I’d love to tell you how.
Pin It To Pinterest!
I know of one way to make a Shipwreck, but in doing some drink research (hard work! ) I found another way. So today I’m going to give you both drink recipes. One is sweet and soft, while the other will knock you on your ass if you look at it the wrong way. Here are both recipes for you to do your own “research” with to find what you like better.
Before we jump into the drink recipe, and since you love good rum drinks, check out our Castaway Cocktails Recipe eBook! It has 52 drink recipes, lot’s of island favorites and a few of my own creations.
Shipwreck Drink Recipe #1
- 2 oz. Orange Juice
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- 1/2 oz. Malibu Rum
- 1/2 oz. Midori
Fill shaker with crushed ice. Add ingredients (except for Grenadine). Shake and strain into glass. Add Grenadine. Raise glass and toast.
Shipwreck Drink Recipe #2 (strong one)
- 1 1/2 shot Rum, coconut (Malibu)
- 2 shots Spiced Rum
- Fill with Water
Fill a large tankard or beer mug with ice. Pour in two shots of spiced rum. Slosh in a shot and a half of Malibu. Then drown it all in plain ol’ tap water. Stir. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you’re brave enough for the Shipwreck #2.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page