Have you had a chance to get your hands on the new Jimmy Buffett Encores album? If you haven’t yet, I highly suggest it. The new live acoustic album will be comprised of the intimate final encore songs from concerts, many solo, and some with band members or special guests during the 2008 & 2009 tours.
“Encores” boasts 22 tracks and was recorded in different cities in the US as well as Paris during Buffett’s 2008-09 tour. The album is comprised entirely of the encores Buffett played at the end of each concert.
“‘Encores’ is a collection of well known and not so well known songs that I think provide a happy ending to a musical meal … and dessert has always been my favorite,” Buffett wrote in the album’s accompanying liner notes. “I had this idea that we should offer a little more in the way of dessert than we had done in previous years. This collection of ‘lasts’ is a first in a way. In putting it together, my original thought was to just make a collection of these moments. Once assembled and listened to as a set, it came to me, that it is probably the longest encore in history; but in these difficult days in difficult times, maybe a whole bunch of happy endings is really not a bad thing.”
Disc 1 (of 2)
1. Come Monday
2. Tin Cup Chalice
3. Growing Older But Not Up
4. Coast Of Carolina
6. Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans
7. Nautical Wheelers
8. Trying To Reason With Hurricane Season
9. Banana Republics
10. He Went To Paris
11. Last Mango In Paris
Disc 2 (of 2)
1. L’air De La Louisiane
2. Reggaebilly Hill
3. Coast Of Marseilles
4. Lovely Cruise
5. Oysters And Pearls
7. Defying Gravity
8. Big Old Goofy World
9. Death Of An Unpopular Poet
10. Blowin’ In The Wind
11. A Pirate Looks At Forty
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page