After one sip, you’ll be singing ho ho ho and a bottle of rum.
Do you love a good Pirate Punch? Who doesn’t right?! I’m a huge fan of any rum and fruit style of drink. They’re smooth, smooth, and all that goodness hides the fact that they are probably packed with a powerful punch (no pun intended) of rum.
Where have you found a good Pirate Punch at? You can find them in a lot of bars around Florida and the Caribbean, all the places real pirates sailed the seas. Funny though, I don’t think real pirates drank fruitiful rum drinks like this, they were probably all about straight rum (grog), or ale. But I’m not historian.
I would have to say my favorite is at Captain Tony’s Saloon in Key West. Not only are they famous for their Pirate Punch, but the come with a free Captain Tony’s cup. Bonus! But what really makes a special is that the bar was built around the old hanging tree in Key West. You can still see the tree today.
They story goes that back in the day of piracy, the Key West locals were so fed up with them disrupting trade and commerce, that they apprehended the pirates and hung 16 of them from the tree. Pretty crazy. Now you can go in and have a Pirate Punch were real pirates were once hung.
Pirate Punch Recipe
1 oz. Malibu Rum
1/2 oz. Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1/2 oz. Grand Mariner
2 oz. Orange Juice
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Grenadine
Directions: Combine all ingredients into shaker with ice. Shake well. Pour into tulip glass. Serve with orange slice and cherry. Raise glass and toast.
Pin It To Pinterest!
For additional fun increase the serving size and make a gallon!
If you are looking for more fun in Key West, which may or may not include a Pirate Punch at Captain Tony’s. Here is a top 100 things to do in Key West book that I thought you might enjoy!
Tell us were the best Pirate Punch you had was at, hit us up on Instagram @CaribbeanCastaway and send us a direct message. We would love to know and might even add it to this post!
Want more Caribbean Rum Drinks?
Want more Caribbean rum drink recipes? Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Every good mixologist needs some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page