The Pelican Resort is located on St. Maarten, the smallest island in the world to be shared by two nations: The Netherlands (St. Maarten) and France (Saint Martin). You do not need a passport to cross the border between the territories and when you do decide to go exploring, you’ll find that each one has its own charm. In fact St. Maarten/Saint Martin is a melting pot of French, Dutch and Caribbean traditions with a dash of world culture thrown in for good measure.
A winning combination of beautiful scenery, pristine beaches, excellent year-round weather, water sports, shopping and fine dining make St. Maarten/Saint Martin a perfect vacation choice.
The Pelican Resort is located at Simpson Bay, midway between Philipsburg, the Dutch capital and Marigot, capital of the French quarter. The Princess Juliana International Airport is a five-minute drive away.
Pelican Resort Club Webcams
This is an interactive view of Pelican Resort Club webcams in St. Maarten, every 30 minutes is updated. You can see two webcams here, one of Marina bay and the other of the Pelican Resort Club’s pool deck. Let the party begin!
St. Maarten General Information
Population: 41,000 people in St. Maarten and 36,000 in Saint Martin.
Languages: English is spoken everywhere but Dutch is the official language of St Maarten and French in Saint Martin. You may also hear Papiamentu in St Maarten and Creole patois in Saint Martin., in addition to other world languages such as Spanish, Chinese and Hindi.
Political organization: St. Maarten is a municipality of the Netherlands Antilles, part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Saint Martin is a commune of Guadeloupe, one of the French overseas territories.
Currency: US dollars are widely accepted. The official currency of Dutch St Maarten is the Netherlands florin or guilder (NAF) and on the French side it is the Euro. Prices are usually listed in dollars and the local currency.
Climate: Sunshine and warm temperatures throughout the year. The trade winds keep temperatures comfortable and the average is 80 F in the winter and 86 F in the summer.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page