We’ve given a lot of love to the U.S. Virgin Islands, but what about the other U.S. Caribbean territory – beautiful Puerto Rico. Let’s get Puerto Rico rolling with the Ocean Park Beach webcam.
Sandwiched between the Condado and Isla Verde along San Juan’s coast, Ocean Park beach attracts more adults and less of the family trade. The wide beach, lined with palm and sea grape trees, fronts a residential neighborhood of beautiful homes, free of the high-rise condos that line other San Juan beaches. A favorite for swimming, paddle tennis, and kite surfing, the beach is also a favorite spot for young and beautiful san juaneros to congregate, especially on weekends.
Knowledgeable tourists also seek out Ocean Park, which has several guesthouses catering to young urban professionals from the East Coast, both gay and straight. So there is something of a South Beach-Río vibe here, with more than a fair share of well-stuffed bikinis and other beach outfits, but decidedly more low-key and Caribbean. It’s a good spot for tourists and locals to mix. There are a few beachfront bar-restaurants housed in the guesthouses, good for a snack or lunch or cold drink. (Information from Frommers.)
This is Ocean Park Beach.
Have you buried your toes in this slice of sand? If so let us know what you thought of it!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page