After one sip, you’ll forget all your worries until sunrise.
I haven’t had the pleasure of sampling the Fire Island Sunrise, but it sounds damn good. One shot of rum, one shot of vodka, then sweet and sour and juices to mask the taste of alcohol. Sounds like something that sneaks up on you after a couple and makes you tell bad jokes.
Fire Island Sunrise Cocktail Recipe
- White rim 1 shot
- Vodka 1 shot
- Orange juice 1 shot
- Sweet and sour 1 shot
- Cranberry juice splash
- Orange slice garnish
In an ice-filled Collins glass, pour the alcohols in first. Add the orange juice and sweet and sour. Add with cranberry juice to create a “sunrise” and garnish with an orange slice. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you gives this boat drink a try. Would love to know what you think.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page