Are you ready to Mango Tango? I have little black book with the recipes to some amazing cocktails, but I know there is a bar full of other drinks that I know nothing about. A great source of original island cocktails is on the islands themselves, via the crazy creative island resort bartenders.
Every time we travel to the Caribbean we spark up a conversation with the bartenders and see what’s popular, what’s trending, and if they have any original drink recipes. One of those popular is the Mango Tango Drink Recipe.
I asked Secrets Resorts to share the recipe for their famous Mango Tango blended cocktail so that you beach bums can try it at home. Always a crowd pleaser, the Mango Tango is a combination of Strawberry Daiquiri and Mango Daiquiri. Secrets Resorts have world class accommodations in the Riveria Maya, Dominican Republic and Jamaica, so they know a thing or two about kicking back with a refreshing drink.
Mango Tango Drink Recipe Video
Mango Tango Cocktail Recipe
Mango Daiquiri (makes 2)
- 3 ounces dark rum
- 1 1/2 cups mangoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups ice cubes
– Blend in a blender until smooth. Pour 1/4 of drink mixture into a glass.
Strawberry Daiquiri (makes 2)
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce strawberry schnapps
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- dash grenadine
- dash orange juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
– Blend in a blender until smooth. Pour 1/4 of drink mixture on top of Mango Daquiri mixture.
How good does this classic island drink sound? I know two blend drinks are a pain in the butt for bartenders, but the taste of this concoction is worth the effort. Let me know if you’ve had the pleasure of this mood enhancer.
Pin It For Later!
Want more Caribbean Rum Drinks?
Was the Mango Tango just a warm up and are you looking for more Caribbean rum drinks? Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
And finally, every good mixologist need some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
If you have some amazing rum recipes of your own, send us a direct message on Instagram @CaribbeanCastaways and let us know about it. We might just feature you on the site!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page