When Christopher Columbus first saw the Dominican Republic, he thought that there was an undiscovered paradise before his eyes. It’s easy to understand why; it’s a beautiful island, with many sights to see and places to visit.
The Dominican Republic has a vast amount of history and culture associated with it, making it a great vacation destination. Today the island is a very popular vacation spot, with resorts on almost every part of the island.
Many tourists enjoy the golf courses and the beautiful ambers that can be found. Tours through the forests of the country as well as the cigar factories and distilleries are also quite interesting. One can find some great deals in the malls of the island.
Many of the regions of the Dominican Republic have been developed into resort spots for the many tourists that visit each year. One of these spots is Punta Cana, an area located to the East of the island, and one of the most-visited vacation destinations in the world.
Visitors are sure to enjoy the miles of beautiful beaches and resorts that can be found in Punta Cana. As an added bonus, the prices there are quite reasonable. It’s difficult to even attempt to count the number of all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana.
Another vacation hotspot is Puerto Plata, on the north part of the Dominican Republic. Like Punta Cana, there are many all-inclusive resorts in Puerto Plata, and many of them lie close to the beach. As a result, many of these results, such as Playa Dorada, are quite popular with surfers and wind surfers.
La Romana is another area of the island that offers all-inclusive resorts, although there aren’t quite as many as in Punta Cana or Puerto Plata. It does, however, have a museum with artifacts from the island natives on display, as well as a ferry that takes visitors to Catalina Island.
Santo Domingo is the capital of the Dominican Republic. It’s also the oldest city in America, and has the oldest cathedral in the New World. As such, there are many historical sites to see in the area, and it offers its own all-inclusive resorts as well.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andrew_M._Miller
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page