Concoctions of the rum kind. Last month my buddy at RumConnection.com held a Signature Drink Competition along with our friends at The Floating Rum Shack and RumDood.com. They challenged their readers to create an original cocktail recipe that captured the mojo of each of their sites. The only rule was that the drinks had to be rum based.
I want to know why I wasn’t invited to the drink tasting, but that’s a rant for another day.
In the end, one drink stood out among the rest. The winner of the competition was Adam Kanter, owner of Rum Bar in Philadelphia. His version of the Rum Connection Cocktail was deemed the top entry by the low-brow panel of judges, but don’t take their word for it, mix one up and let us know what you think.
The Rum Connection Cocktail
- 1 oz Cruzan Single Barrel Rum
- 1 oz Rothman & Winter Orchard Cherry Liqueur
- .5 oz Fresh keylime juice
- .25 oz simple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz club soda
Shake all ingredients (except club soda) with ice. Strain into a collins glass, add 3 oz. of club soda and garnish with a cherry and lime twist. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you whip this little puppy up and what you thought of it.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page