Watching the sun rise in the morning isn’t really one of my favorite things to do. Yet that is exactly what I’m doing right now. I much prefer sunsets. It’s the romantic in me.
My buddy and I have a 10 hour drive in front of us. 97% of it will take place in the state of Florida. If you’re in south Florida it literally takes eons to get out of it’s borders. We are bound for the Jimmy Buffett Gulf Shores concert on the beach. Just writing that puts a smile on my face. Fins Up!
So we are packed and ready. What do we have?
- Beach Chairs – Check
- Rolling Cooler with Landshark, Corona and rum – Check
- Sun Screen – Sun Screen is for the weak! Just kidding, I have to put it on my sensitive bald head. Check
- Tickets – ummmmm, sort of check. I will be picking those up from a great RumShopRyan fan in Gulf Shores.
- Coozies – Check (I never know how to spell that tricky word)
- Couple days of clothes – Check
- Sparkling personalities – Check and Check
I’m positive I forgot something. Happens every time. Doesn’t matter. Nothing can stop this train now. (knocking on something that looks like wood)
By the way if anyone reading this is going to be at the concert come find me! Say hi, buy me a beer and lets sing some Buffett songs together. If you’re singing isn’t too bad I’ll give you a RumShopRyan.com Castaway wristband. Cheers!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page