Perfection is possible with this Perfect Margarita recipe. After one sip you’ll be speaking Spanish, in Russian.
It’s generally agreed that the components of a classic Margarita are tequila, triple sec, and fresh lime juice. Sure that’s a classic margarita but not a RumShopRyan Perfect Margarita. Only the best tequila and splash of delicious make this concoction perfect in my book.
All self-respecting margaritas are made with only 100 percent agave tequila (I’m a fan of high-quality Cuervo 1800, Patrón Silver, Cabo Wabo, or Don Julio) and Cointreau.
Perfect Margarita Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz. Cuervo or 1800 gold tequila
- 3/4 oz. Cointreau
- 3/4 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. sour mix
- Lime garnish
If using salt, place in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with lime juice from your sliced lime garnish, then dip in salt. Fill the glass with ice; add tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled, then add the splash of orange juice. Raise glass and toast.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page