Here is one of my favorite bands, The Massacoustics.
One might assume that The Massacoustics are a mere two-man (but three-piece!) band (you read correctly!) owing to economics, or as a weird visual gimmick. No, the truth is that Andy’s antisocial attitude and Matt’s non-stop noisemaking makes prospective band-mates increasingly difficult to find and keep around. James DiGirolamo (keyboards) says, “these guys are some of my favorite people…. in strictly controlled doses.”
The Massacoustics – Ramona
The duo consists of Andy Thompson on guitar and vocals and Matt Thompson on bass, percussion and vocals. They grew up just south of Boston Massachusetts and started playing music early on in grade school. To any musical connoisseur, it’s impossible to beat sibling harmonies. When you combine superb musicianship and stellar vocals to their unique songs you end up with an undeniable brand of acoustic rock. Individually, Andy and Matt have logged thousands of hours as studio and touring musicians. With extensive travels throughout the United States, Canada and parts of Europe they’ve shared the stage with everyone from Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings (of The Rolling Stones) to Nickel Creek, Bad Finger and Willie Nelson.
After years of playing in different bands all over the world, it seemed obvious that the two should pool their natural talents and focus exclusively on writing and performing as a unit. The duo originally formed with the sole purpose of getting some of their songs heard, but after the response of the crowd, it was evident that they were on to something. From their first note on stage, it was hard to believe that a sound that big was coming from just two people. Since 2001, audiences everywhere have felt the excitement of their live performances, and every return trip is met with an epidemic buzz.
(Info from www.garageband.com/artist/themassacoustics)
Have you ever heard of The Massacoustics? Do you like them? Give them a listen, you won’t be sorry.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page