BVImusic.com introduced me to Quito Rymer. He is known as Tortola’s most famous musician. If you haven’t had a chance to visit Quito’s Gazebo and see Quito play you are missing out. Quito’s Ole Works Inn and Quito’s Gazebo Restaurant are located in Cane Garden Bay on the beautiful island of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands.
Growing up on Tortola, in the beautiful B.V.I. where he was born, Quito has always been in tune with his island and its rich culture. He first found expression for his natural, artistic talent through painting and drawing. His musical career began in the church halls of Cane Garden Bay. As a young man, through trial, error and observation, he taught himself to play the guitar. With considerable original music to his credit (he composes both lyrics and music) he continues to share his appreciation of “Natures Little Secrets” with the world. Along with his band, “The Edge”, he has opened for appearances by Third World, Freddie McGregor & Ziggy Marley and has appeared many times on US television. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, hear Quito Rymer play solo as guests enjoy their dinner and drinks overlooking beautiful Cane Garden Bay and on Fridays and Saturdays hear Quito Rymer and The Edge play for a crowd ready for dancing and singing at Quito’s Gazebo.
Cape Air leaving Beef Island with Quito Rymer singing “Caribbean Run”
To date Quito has released:
Quito Rymer – Reggae Express
Quito Rymer – Mix Up World
Quito Rymer – Searching
Quito Rymer & The Edge – Paradise
Quito Rymer – Caribbean Run
Quito Rymer & The Edge – Iron Strong
Quito Rymer – Quito unplugged
Quito Rymer—Cool Water
If you wish to purchase some of Quito Rymer’s music please visit his website here.
Enjoy the sound of the island Castaways,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page