After one sip you’ll be dancing with strangers.
I’ve never been that big of a Mojito fan, can’t get over the whole mint taste thing. I know a lot of you are fans (and I will do anything for you guys) so here is a new twist on the traditional Mojito recipe…The Mango Mojito.
When the weather gets warm, people crave Mojitos, but ordering one in a crowded bar makes bartenders groan. This bane of a bartender’s Summer existence is also very time intensive to make at home, since you have to muddle mint, juice limes, and make simple syrup. Go for it! Home made cocktails are a just as good and your friends will be impressed.
I know this isn’t a new Mojito recipe but it was referred to me by Jade Mountain Resort on St. Lucia. Jade Mountain is one of the most beautiful hotels I have seen in all the Caribbean. Thanks for the recipe guys.
Mango Mojito Ingredients
- 1 Small Ripe sweet mango – cut into large dice (Mango Graham)
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 6 Whole Mint leaves
- 1 large Lime, juiced
- 6 Oz Light rum
- 4 Handfulls Crushed ice
- 4 Oz Club soda
- 2 8 inch Sugar cane skewers
To prepare the Mojito
On a large glass bar shaker, combine mango dice (reserve 4 large pieces), sugar, 4 mint leaves and lime juice. Using a bar mallet crush the mango and mint into the sugar until dissolved. Pour in the rum, shake well.
Fill two tall glasses with crushed ice and strain the Mojito over the ice. Spritz the glass with club soda and stir lightly. Garnish with sugar cane skewered mango pieces and mint.
Let me know if you give this island cocktail a try.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page