After one sip, you’ll be buzzing around looking to pollinate something.
The Killer Bee cocktail is the most famous drink on Nevis, and one of the most famous drinks in all the Caribbean. To get one, you’ll need to travel to the sandy shores of Pinney’s Beach on the beautiful island of Nevis. Nevis is part of the two island Caribbean country St. Kitts and Nevis.
Below, I’m going to give you the “the most accurate” Killer Bee recipe out there. The real recipe is kept secret.
I (Ryan) had the pleasure of visiting during my trip aboard the Saggita of Island Windjammers. I’ve had the pleasure of spending an afternoon sipping on this mighty drink and after 3, I definitely felt the sting. You can probably see it on my face in the picture below.
If Nevis and St. Kitts are on your travel list, here is a great guide book that you might like.
The Killer Bee cocktail is by far the most popular drink on Nevis and it’s only made at the famous Sunshine’s Beach Bar. Sunshine’s is so secretive about the drink that I’ve read he mixes the cocktail under the bar to hide the mix from curious eyes. So while this is not the exact recipe, it is the closest thing you will find…after a few you won’t notice anyway, right?
The Killer Bee Drink
Killer Bee Recipe Ingredients: (almost)
Mix ahead of time:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Squeeze of Lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 1/2 cup passion fruit juice
- Splash of bitters on top
- Nutmeg, starfruit and lime, for garnish
1. In microwave-safe bowl, microwave honey and 1 tablespoon water 30 seconds or until honey is dissolved.
2. Stir in rum, juices and pepper; divide evenly between glasses with ice.
3. Top with club soda.
Garnish with nutmeg and fruit. Raise glass and toast!
Makes 2 servings.
Pin It To Pinterest!
I highly recommend you give this Killer Bee recipe a try, I think you’ll really like it. But, there’s nothing like the real thing. So put Nevis on your travel list, it’s a great natural Caribbean islands.
Want Famous Caribbean Rum Drinks?
Of course you do! Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Every good mixologist needs some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
If you’ve ever been to Nevis and had the opportunity to stop and Sunshine’s Beach Bar and wet your lips with a Killer Bee Cocktail. I would love to hear about your experience! Send us a direct message on Instagram @CaribbeanCastaways and tell us about your Killer Bee story!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page