Ahoy Castaways. I’m starting a new series and am going to feature a Caribbean Beach Bar once a week. After all, isn’t that where we long to spend most of our time!
Let’s start things off with the famous Cow Wreck Beach Bar on Anegada in the British Virgin Islands.
Because it’s somewhat off the beaten path, Anegada doesn’t get the same attention as the other islands. Sort of like the red headed step-child of the BVI. But remember, if something is easy then everyone would be doing it, that’s why Anegada is special. It’s also special because on its shores sits what many believe is the best beach bar in the entire BVIs, the Cow Wreck Bar and Restaurant.
It has a bar that serves rum and ice cold beer. It has hammocks that dance in the trade winds. It has some of the bluest water you’ve ever seen that cozies up to powder white sand beaches. It has Conch Fritters and lobster salad sandwiches that scream to be devoured. Is there a better place to spend an afternoon in the BVI?
Enjoy a Wreck Punch, Bushwacker, Painkiller, Pina Colada, Banana, Strawberry or Mango Daiquiri. Are you drooling yet? The famous Cow Killer is their own special blend, always served with a smile. Go ahead…order two!
The beach bar got it’s name because it sits on Cow Wreck Bay, stories tell of cow bones that use to get washed up from shipwrecks in days gone by. I think it’s a unique name that will stick in your mind just like the memories that you’re sure to create there.
Leave a comment and let us know if you’ve been to Cow Wreck. Let us know how amazing it was!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page