After one sip, you’ll be dancing with the wait staff!
Boat Drinks day just might be my favorite day of the week. It seems like everyone is just a little more excited when talk of Caribbean cocktails fills the air (or computer monitor).
This week’s recipe comes from the Bahama Breeze restaurant chain. A little lame I know, but my easily distracted mind saw the name BahamaRita and became curious. Look! Shiny object…must follow!
This recipe is way too complicated for this simple pirate. If you are having a party and want to impress your friends, pulls this bad boy our of your bag of tricks. Just remember to give a toast to your buddy RumShop. Cheers!
BahamaRita™ Cocktail Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- Fresh kiwi, mango, and strawberry (Peel the kiwi and mango, and cut into slices, each weighing 10-11 oz. each)
- Granulated sugar
- Three to four lemons, limes and oranges
- Cuervo Gold Tequila
- Dekuyper Cactus Juice Schnapps (chilled)
Simple Syrup: Mix 1 1/4 lb. sugar with 16 oz. of warm water until dissolved. Refrigerate half of mix.
Margarita Mix: Squeeze juice from halves of lime, orange, and lemon into a quart container and add remaining half of the simple syrup to the fruit juice. Then refrigerate the mix. These two mixes will last for 24 hours.
Fruit Ices: Blend each fruit, ice, and two ounces of simple syrup separately until thick. Store separately in bowls. These three mixes will last for 2-3 hours.
Ready to serve:
Step 1: Blend Margarita mix, tequila, and ice until thick.
Step 2: Add two teaspoons of each ice in the bottom of your chilled Martini glass.
Step 3. Top with the thick Margarita Mix, and it pour over the drink.
Step 4. Mix a shot of Cactus Juice into the drink.
Step 5. Place lime and orange wedge on the rim to serve.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page