Turks and Caicos is a place to retreat too. A place to turn off the cell phone, wake up late every morning and fill your schedule with nothing at all. Raise your hand if your interest is peeked. Okay, lower your hands, I can’t see you any ways. It does sound like a slice of “Yes Please” doesn’t it.
This week’s island webcam comes from the fabulous Turks and Caicos and the island of Providenciales (Provo).
Providenciales is an island in the Turks and Caicos Islands. The island has an area of 38 sq. miles and an approximate population of 15,542, making it the largest island in population and the third largest in area. It is served by the Providenciales International Airport. It is home to the only conch farm in the world.
Turks and Caicos Webcam – Grace Bay Beach
The resorts on Providenciales are primarily centered on five mile-long (8 km) Grace Bay, with its brilliant white sand and shimmering turquoise waters. Apart from the beaches, Provo’s charm lies in its rugged hills and ridges, which are carpeted with prickly pear cactus and scrub. The trump card, however, remains the world class diving: miles and miles of coral reefs are temptingly close to shore and the Island is close to a common migration route for the Humpback whale. Provo is also surrounded by uninhabited cays that are easily reached by chartered boat or excursion.
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!