Lovely Fort Myers Beach has many different faces. It can be wild and crazy when the rum runners are flowing. It can be quiet and subdued when season is out. It can be that island get away that seems like a vacation, but is only 15 minutes away. I love Ft. Myers beach for all of its faces.
I was driving home a couple weekends ago from watching some Sunday football at my buddies pool-side Tiki bar (Yes, life is tough sometimes) and took my normal beach way home. There are two ways to get to my house from my friends. The quick way which is US 41, or the slow way that takes you down the barrier island of Ft. Myers Beach. I almost always take the beach way. I want to see which face the island is going to show off.
I always drive by this empty lot next to the water and it always calls to me…STOP, TAKE MY PICTURE. Today was the day I stopped. Here is what I captured.
What face did the island show you?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page