Anguilla is located in the Caribbean Sea, the northern most island in the Leeward Island chain. It’s nearest neighbor to the south is St. Martin/Sint Maarten. It has a population of just 12000 inhabitants, is sixteen miles long and three miles wide at its widest point.
Anguilla is perhaps one of the lesser known Caribbean islands. It is renowned for its natural beauty and serene tranquility and is a stark contrast to the hustle and bustle of every day life. It is the perfect vacation getaway for families and couples alike and is a popular holiday destination among holiday makers.
Anguilla is also famous for its beautiful, white sandy beaches which are hugely popular among tourists and local inhabitants. Anguilla boasts 33 beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters and deserted sands which add to the tranquility and relaxation of the island.
One of the most popular Anguillan beaches is Shoal Bay East. This is one of the bigger beaches on the island and also one of the most serene. Shoal Bay East is scattered with beach bars and covered in white powdery sands and this is perhaps the reason for why it has been voted the beast beach in the world on numerous occasions by top tourist magazines.
Another popular beach is Barnes Bay which is situated on a secluded island which means the beach is virtually always empty. Like Shoal Bay East, this beach has beautifully white sandy beaches and crystal blue waters.
The final beach that will be covered in this article is Sandy Ground, which like the other two beaches, has white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters, however it does also have one stark contrast. Sandy Ground is a lively and eventful beach with a heck of a lot of people and boats as people from around the world dock their boats here when they visit. This beach may not be the perfect for relaxation, but it’s great if you’re ready to have one big party!
The three beaches outlined in this article are just the tip of the iceberg. Each with their white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters are a tourists dream and you will be left speechless by the natural beauty of the beaches. There are also thirty more attractive, elegant and picturesque beaches and as many should be visited on your trip to Anguilla. Anguilla may not be one of the most famous islands of the Caribbean, but it sure does have some spectacular beaches.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page