This pirate’s feet are firmly placed back on Floridian soil. I love to explore new places but coming home is a great pleasure as well. That and I missed you guys! I’m sorry for not being able to keep up with the daily stories. The internet was a little hit or miss in the places we were at in the Bahamas.
I can’t wait to tell you all about the things you must see and do when you visit these enchanting islands. We got the chance to sample Nassau for a couple days an then spend 4 days in the Exumas Islands. Talk about a visual wonderland!
I have few stories rattling around in my head that I want to share with you guys. I took an unofficial poll with locals on which Bahamian beer is better Kalik or Sands. We ate a menu full of conch throughout the trip that should make for an interesting write up. Then the people we meet were just amazing! They deserve a special story for their hospitality, uniqueness and for putting up with this bald guy that I’m sure acted like a kid in a candy store.
I’ll also be sharing some amazing videos and photos of sharks, stingrays, sandbars, beach bars, rum drinks and some of the bluest water you’ve ever seen. Oh, and I also have a story where I was at Danger Reef, swimming with sharks all alone and felt like I was on the menu. Needless to say I was more than a little uncomfortable and quickly got out of the water. It should be a good story though!
Good to be back home Castaways,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page