Beach bars are hard to find when it comes to Nassau, Bahamas. That means it doesn’t get any better than Sandy Toes Beach Bar. Sandy Toes is the only real beach bar in the Nassau area which makes it the place to go. Located on Rose Island, just off the east side of Nassau, Sandy Toes will make your Bahamian beach bar fantasys come true.
Last week this pirate was lucky enough to hang out in the intoxicating Sandy Toes atmosphere. Yes, I was sipping on Kalik, Sands and a Goombay Smash while breathing in the island surroundings. Life was good. I kept catching myself just aimlessly staring off at the blue water and soaking in the island vibe. I’m sure that happens quite a bit there.
The weather wasn’t ideal but like I kept saying…it’s hard to have a bad time in the Bahamas.
Peace, stillness and staring off into oblivion like a star-struck kid is all well and good, but at Sandy Toes the atmosphere breeds excitement. Shots anyone? Sandy Toes is ground zero for spring breakers that are visiting Nassau. Hell, it was a slow day and out of season when we were there and we still had a couple girls dancing on the bar! I’ll raise my glass to that any day!
The only way to get to Sandy Toes beach bar and Rose Island is by boat. We booked Captain Ryan Russell, owner of High Seas Bahamas to take us to Sandy Toes and show us the Bahamian beauty by water. These guys are great and I highly recommend them if you want to do a boat charter from Nassau.
Why Sandy Toes Beach Bar Rocks!
The 900 square foot bar area is attached to an expansive north deck, overlooking the beach and the sea and encompassing the most spectacular views – the ideal spot to soak up the island sun while sipping one of their Rose Island signature drinks. The north deck is complimented by comfy outdoor couches and Adirondack lounge chairs, with hammocks surrounding the bar area and tucked away amongst some of the lush foliage. Listen to the sweet island music, which sets the scene for a truly Bahamian experience.
I want to thank the guys of Sandy Toes and Captain Ryan and the High Seas crew for taking such good care of us. I am envious that you guys get to spend your days in such a fun beautiful place. Cheers to you!
If any of you Castaways have been to Sandy Toes Beach Bar I would love to hear your story. Please leave a comment below.
Cheers to true island beach bars,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page