After one sip, you’ll be flying in the clouds.
Raise your hand if you like colorful island cocktails? The Blue Bird is right up your alley then. I’m not a fan of gin (bad experience in college) so I have never tried this tropical adult beverage. I wonder what the Blue Bird would taste like with some nice smooth rum? Now that would be something I will try.
This cocktail is said to be very refreshing and has a great taste, sort of fruity (but not very sweet). It is a perfect drink for warm weather and it is also quite strong. Sign me up!
Blue Bird Cocktail Ingredients
- 1 1/2 oz Gin
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz Blue Curacao
- 2 Dashes Bitters
- 1 Maraschino Cherry
- 1 Twist of Lemon Peel
In a mixing glass half-filled with crushed ice, combine the gin, triple sec, Curacao, and bitters. Stir well. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon twist and the cherry. Raise glass and toast.
Has anyone tried a Blue Bird? I would love to hear what you think of this colorful cocktail.
Happy Boat Drinks Day Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page