Staring at a Caribbean webcam doesn’t put you in the islands, but it might be the closest thing to actually being there. St. John has a host of great island webcams. Here is one I just found that gives you a glimpse of Lameshur Bay. Don’t you just wish you could climb through your screen and be in the islands? I know, me too.
VIERS, Virgin Islands Environmental Research Station, offers distinctive learning experiences for anyone interested in environmental education, training and research of terrestrial, coastal and marine communities of small tropical islands. VIERS’ remote location provides many opportunities for overnight and day visitors of all interests and ages to easily discover the local environment.
St. John Webcam – Lameshur Bay
Above is a live feed from the dock at VIERS. The image refreshes every eight seconds.
They are working on an underwater camera and I’ll post that as soon as its done.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page