Are you looking for the infamous Coco Loco drink recipe? If so, they you’ve come to the right places. I’m going to tell you about the drink, where you can find it, and of course how to make one.
Let’s dive into the Coco Loco!
Coco Loco! Coco Loco! If you’ve ever been on a Royal Caribbean cruise through the Bahamas then you’ve probably heard these words yelled out. Coco Loco! Coco Loco!
You can hear the echo of “Coco Loco” from just about every where on Royal Caribbean’s private island which is called…Coco Cay. See the theme here?
If you don’t know about Coco Cay, it was once known as Little Stirrup Cay. It’s located right next to Great Stirrup Cay, which is Norwegian Cruise line’s private island. The island is located in the Berry Islands of the Bahamas, about 50 miles from Nassau. Coco Cay is the perfect to unwind and let your worries drift away. But it can get hot, so when the Caribbean sun starts heating things up, just cool off with a Coco Loco!
Order one (or 5!) and you’ll taste just how good this Caribbean rum drink really is. And once you do, you’ll come to love the Royal Caribbean staff obnoxiously yelling out “Coco Loco! Coco Loco!”
You might even start to seek them out!
But you don’t have to go to Coco Cay to get a Coco Loco, you can make one right at home. Here’s the Coco Loco drink recipe so you can liven up you’re next home party.
Coco Loco Drink Recipe
- 1 oz. Dark Rum
- 1 oz. Coconut Rum
- 1/2 oz. Cream of Coconut
- 1/2 oz Papaya juice
- 1/2 oz. Orange juice
- 1/2 oz. Pineapple juice
- 1/4 oz. Grenadine
Garnish Pineapple and Cherry
Mix all the ingredients and blend with ice. Raise glass and toast!
How many of you Castaways have been on a Royal Caribbean cruise and stopped at Coco Cay? Did you try a Coco Loco? I did and loved it! I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to do the Boat Drinks recipe. I might make up a batch of Coco Locos this weekend and hit the beach!
Hit us up on Instagram at @CaribbeanCastaways and let me know what you thought about this island drink.
Pin it to Pinterest!
Want more Caribbean Rum Drinks?
Want more Caribbean rum drink recipes? Click here to see our list of 52 rum drinks and how to make them. Invite some friends over and impress them with your rum skills, because each one tastes like paradise in a glass.
Every good mixologist needs some good cocktail making gear. I recommend this cocktail mixing set, it has everything you need and it’s what I use at home.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page