Time to sink your toes into the sands of Playa del Carmen with this week’s Caribbean Webcam. This Mexican paradise in the heart of the Riviera Maya awaits.
The Riviera Maya, part of Mexican Caribbean, begins 20 kilometers south of the Cancun International Airport and stretches all the way to the ancient Mayan city of Tulum, more than 70 miles of sandy beaches flanked by tropical landscapes and the turquoise ocean. In the heart of the Riviera Maya lies the charming town of Playa del Carmen.
Playa del Carmen is widely considered the heart of the Riviera Maya. It is geographically located in the center and has maintained a true Caribbean atmosphere even as the town has grown dramatically in recent years. Playa del Carmen has a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere where everything is at walking distance. The focus of Playa del Carmen, apart from its beach of course, is 5th Avenue and its adjacent streets.
Playa Del Carmen Beach Webcam
This view is of the Beach at the Playa Palms Resort.
Playa Palms Resort is located in the heart of Playa del Carmen, and their guests have one foot buried in the Caribbean sand and the other ready to take just a few steps to visit the broad array of shops, restaurants and bars on and around the bustling 5th Avenue.
Have a great week Castaways.
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!