Grenada is a well kept secret vacation spot. It is not one of the over crowded vacation sites filled with throngs of tourists. This island is still filled with unique activities that are true to its culture. It is not a high night life island with the activity that brings many tourists swarming. Instead it is a quiet and quaint island with picturesque beaches and small towns.
Grenada is a mountainous island with rolling hills. It is known for its unique fragrance. Nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, ginger and cocoa trees cover the island creating delicious and intoxicating smells throughout the entire island. Grenada West Indies Island is a volcanic island filled with cascading waterfalls and lush rain forests. Grenada features one of the most beautiful mountain lakes in the world.
This island nation consists of the island of Grenada as well as six other small islands in the Southwestern Caribbean Sea. The Capital of the Island is St George’s. The city capital of St George’s is considered to be the most beautiful in the Caribbean. The history over the ownership of this island displays much struggle and battle over their independence including violent coups. In 1983, a communist regime took over Grenada and everyone on the island was informed that they must remain indoors or they would be shot. President Reagan was concerned for 800 American students enrolled in medical school in St George’s. The Unites States along with other nations, overthrew the regime. The Grenadian Constitution was again put in authority and peace was restored.
Grenada is a volcanic island and has rich and healthy soil. The flag has a nutmeg on it, demonstrating the industry of spices. The climate is humid and hot during a rainy season and cooled by winds during the dry season. Grenada is just beginning to focus on tourism. The culture of the land can still be felt and tasted. Enjoy the island’s world renowned, Grand Anse Beach. This beautiful island will take your breath away with its extraordinary beauty and grace. Visit the Spice of the Caribbean and enjoy the intoxicating smell and beauty of Grenada West Indies.
If you would like more great information on Grenada check out my friend at Grenada Explorer. The site has a wealth of info on this lush tropical wonderland.
Have you ever been to Grenada? Tell us about your trip in the comment below.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ken_Stiles
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page