Ahhhhh, Ft. Myers Beach. An 8 mile long crescent shaped swath of sand just up the road from me. This is the beach my friends and I head to when we want to feel the vacation vibe without jumping on a Caribbean bound plane. Your choices for fun beach bars are many on Ft. Myers beach, but we usually call the sands outside of The Cottage beach bar our home.
A long time favorite of locals and tourist alike. The Gulfshore Grill and the Cottage Bar are located right on the waters edge, overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. They have the some of the freshest Seafood on the Island with Oysters On The Half Shell, Steamed Mussels, Garlic Crab Claws, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Crab Cakes, Florida Grouper and Famous Calamari Steak Strips. Hungry already aren’t you? I know I’m itchin’ for some grouper and oysters right now!
You may sit inside or outside at anyone of three dining areas, all with a million dollar view of the Gulf of Mexico.
The Cottage has live music nightly from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. for the over 21 crowd.
What makes The Cottage unique? I like the fact that it has a low bar where you can walk directly into from the sand and order some cold boat drinks and get your eat on. Then if you feel like a sit down meal, you head upstairs to the second level for dinning and live music. They also have volleyball nets and a beanbag toss game set up on the sand if you are in the mood for a little recreation.
The staff at the Cottage is as cool as they come. Super nice and ready to make your day on the sand a great one. I know that one of the wait staff is a Castaway, I hope she comments and gives us the low down on how cool The Cottage really is.
Gulfshore Grill and the Cottage evolved from a casino and boathouse in the 1920’s to one of the islands most popular beachfront restaurants. The Gulfshore Grill and Cottage has been owned by the same families since the 1970’s. It is now managed by the second generation who continue to offer great food with the best location on Fort Myers Beach. They have been a staple of the Ft. Myers Beach environment for a long time and know how make their beach loving customers happy.
Have you been to The Cottage for some fun in the sun and sand? Let me know what you thought of it. If you happen to be there one day, look for a tall bald guy with a smile on his face, it might be RumShopRyan! Come say hi and I’ll buy you drink.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page