After one sip, you’ll be swinging from the trees.
Excuse me bartender, can you catch me one of those Chocolate Monkeys? Thank you…I’ll be sitting by the pool.
Just look at the ingredients for the Chocolate Monkey…light rum, chocolate syrup, bananas, ice cream…talk about a vacation in a glass. This rich concoction screams, drink me next to the pool while you relax under coconut palms at a cushy Caribbean resort. Don’t you agree?
I don’t see this as the type of drink you get the party started with, but maybe something to cool off the 90 degree sun or a fun dessert drink to relax with after a light lunch under the tiki bar. Whatever the reason you have for catching the Chocolate Monkey, it will leave you with a child-like smile and not a care in the world.
Chocolate Monkey Cocktail Recipe
- 1 shot banana liqueur
- 2 shots creme de cacao
- 1 shot light rum
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1 oz chocolate syrup
- 4 oz chocolate milk
- 1 1/2 oz whipped cream
- 1 cherry
- 1 piece bananas
Blend liqueurs with ice-cream, milk and syrup. Pour into a parfait glass, top with whipped cream and garnish with banana and cherry. Raise glass and toast.
Have you ever had the pleasure of downing a Chocolate Monkey? Let us know what you thought. Was it some place in the islands or were you just relaxing by your pool?
Happy Boat Drink’s Day Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page