The music of Henry Kapono absolutely needs to be on everyone’s “Relax” ipod playlist. I was scrolling through my ipod looking for a great island artist to write about today and boom, their was Henry Kapono. I’ve written about Henry one other time a while back and raved about his “Dukes on Sunday” song and posted a video. Probably my favorite song of his.
I was browsing the vast YouTube again for some Henry Kapono videos and found this one of him and his band singing Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville. As you can see by the video the scenery at this beach side hotspot named Dukes is spectacular. Henry plays every Sunday at the famous Dukes located on Hawaii’s Waikiki Beach. There may be no more exciting place to people-watch than at the Dukes. One might say it’s the coolest place to be on the island. The Zagat Survey has named Duke’s Waikiki Hawaii’s Most Popular Nightlife Venue. Live music, stunning views of Waikiki and Diamond Head, beautiful people and tropical cocktails…does it get any better than that?
Henry Kapono Singing Margaritaville at Dukes
Henry Kapono, is of pure Hawaiian decent. He was born and raised on the island of O‘ahu in the small town of Kapahulu, located just outside Waikiki. Christened Kapono by his mother, it is the Hawaiian word for righteous. His family surroundings provided the early musical influence that directed him into his present career. He is a humanitarian, a prolific award winning songwriter, an accomplished actor and has produced numerous albums, video works and concerts.
Have you been to Dukes? I would love to hear about your experience if you have! I hope you like Henry Kapono as much as I do. His seductive tones will relax those winter blues away my friends. Click this link to buy his music.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page