After one sip, you’ll be crashed out on the couch watching the Detroit Lions lose another one.
A tropical, brightly colored umbrella drink usually isn’t the first thing you think of when thinking of Thanksgiving cocktails. This week’s boat drinks recipe will try and bridge that “I want a Caribbean rum drink” mindset with all the fixins of a Thanksgiving feast.
I’m a big fan of Pumpkin Pie and we all know I’m a fan of rum drinks. Why not mix the two together and see what the drink Gods bestow on us. I know, your initial reaction is “yuck, I don’t want to drink a pumpkin pie”, but as you can see below it’s only 3/4 oz. of pumpkin pie filling, then add a little Malibu Rum, a little Kahlúa and you’re going to have yourself a delicious Thanksgiving Day Cocktail. I give you the Pumpkin Pie Cocktail…Cheers!
Pumpkin Pie Cocktail Recipe
- 1 oz. Malibu Rum
- 3/4 oz. canned pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 oz. Kahlúa
- 2 oz. with cold milk
Mix ingredients in blender with ice and blend thoroughly; Pour into graham cracker-rimmed highball glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Raise glass and toast.
What do you think? Are you going to give this Turkey Day rum drink a shot? Let me know if you do, would love to know what you thought.
I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page