Today I head north. It’s going to be cold. It’s going to be gray. Chance of snow…highly likely. This warm blooded Florida boy isn’t all to thrilled with this trip to Kansas, but it will be good to spend some time with the family this holiday season.
I love the fact that I’m from Kansas. It really has a lot to offer. It just doesn’t have year round warm temperatures, white sand beaches and that great big ocean. I am looking forward to a big Chipotle burrito (No, the Ft. Myers area doesn’t have one yet) and I get to see my beloved Jayhawks whip up on some poor team in the Sprint Center. So the cold weather sacrifice will be worth it.
I know a lot of you Castaways live where the cold weather puts a damper on your tropical souls. What do you do to get yourself through the winter months? What do you do when it’s twenty degrees and the hockey games on and nobody cares cause they are way too far gone? Do you start screamin’ boat drinks, something to keep us all warm?! Don’t go shootin’ holes in freezers folks, just pour yourself a stiff boat drink!
Jimmy Buffett Boat Drinks
Cheers to migrating south,
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page