“Lights are blowing from the palm trees, stockings hanging from the mast. Santa riding on a dolphin, don’t you want to make it last. It’s Christmas in the Caribbean.” – Jimmy Buffett, Christmas in the Caribbean
Living in the land of palm trees and year round warm temperatures it’s sometimes hard to get into the Christmas spirit. You don’t have those seasonal changes to trigger your internal Christmas clock. You have to rely on things like advertisements, Christmas cards coming in the mail, and those things they call Calendars.
One thing I get a kick out of is seeing the contrast of the tropics and Christmas decorations. When you think of Christmas you think of snow, reindeer and a sleigh and pine trees cover in lights. I love to see people on the beach wearing Santa hats. I love to see coconut palms dressed in colorful lights. The Christmas spirit is alive and well down here in Southwest Florida, we just do it a little different.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page