Basil’s Bar, located on the exclusive island of Mustique, is part of St. Vincent & the Grenadines in the West Indies. Perched on stilts over the Caribbean Sea, Basil’s is a good time just waiting to happen for people from all over the world. Some even say it is the greatest Beach Bar in the world!
Basil’s Bar is legendary for parties, as everyone is welcome.The sea side bar is no stranger to glitz and glam. It has hosted the likes of Prince William, Mick Jagger, Kate Moss, the Beckhams and many more movers and shakers. If you’re not a house hold name, don’t worry. Everyone at Basil’s stands on equal ground and is there to have a good time. If you happen to bump into the famous yet laid back RumShopRyan while at Basil’s, don’t be shy, step right up and buy him a beer. I hear he is really cool.
Basil has created a vibe that transcends stature or position in life. Sailors party with business moguls, high fashion models, gardeners, rock stars and school teachers. Basil’s Bar is a leveler, whose mantra is to live in the moment as Basil does and enjoy the wonders of life. Contributing to the unpretentious vibe is the bar’s thatched roof, open-air dance floor, and wood deck, which is perched on bamboo stilts over the water with wonderful views of Britannia Bay and the Caribbean Sea.
Here is a great story about the owner Basil Charles. It’s a great read and tells how Basil became the King of Mustique and give the low down on some of the bar’s more famous clientele.
Established in 1976, Basil’s Bar has hosted the legendary and the ordinary. Cocktails sipped on tall bar stools in the afternoon loosen the tightest wound vacationer. Rum Punch or fruity blended drinks are best enjoyed when served by Basil’s smiling staff. Basil’s wine list is a triumph of good French, Italian and Chilean wines.
The kitchen at Basil’s Bar is open from 8am until 10pm. Great banana pancakes and omelets to start your day, burgers and French fries that will haunt you in memory of their succulence, and lobster so delicious, you will forsake all other preparations for the fresh lobster of Basil’s.
Every night is a party night at Basil’s, or so it seems. Music supplied by the DJ or the house band motivates guests to shake what the good lord gave them.
If you’ve been to Basil’s Bar I would love to hear about your experience. Please tell us about it in the comment section below.
Cheers to Caribbean Beach Bars,
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page