After one sip, you’ll be singing Auld Lang Syne and waiting for balls to drop.
Mixing rum and champagne sounds a little odd doesn’t it? It’s the end of 2010 and we here at RSR are going to close out the year in style. Let’s throw caution to the wind and make a boat drink out of these two liquid friends. Bartender if you please.
New Year’s Eve is this Friday and many of us will be looking for special “Boat Drinks” to prepare and impress our party guests with. Wow them with the Mustique Whammy. It’s a champagne and rum cocktail that is sure to excite your friends and close out 2010 in style. Castaways, I give you the Mustique Whammy.
Mustique Whammy recipe
- 3 1/2 oz Champagne
- 1 oz gold rum
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/4 oz grenadine syrup
Shake all but champagne, and strain into a wine glass. Add the champagne. Raise glass and toast.
What New Year’s Eve plans do you have? Let us know if you pop a couple bottles of bubbly and mix up few Mustique Whammys.
Have a happy and safe New Year’s Eve Castaways.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page