Welcome to the beautiful tropical island of Utila, resting in the Caribbean Sea and located approximately 18 miles from the Honduras mainland port of La Ceiba. Utila is just 7 miles long and 2.5 miles at its widest and surrounded by vast coral reefs with dazzling undersea life. The smallest of the major islands of the Honduran Bay Islands group, Utila is renowned as being one of the least expensive and most beautiful places in the world for a scuba diving vacation.
We aren’t here to scuba dive right now though. That would be difficult. We are here to view a Utila webcam.
This webcam is given to us by the Utila Dive Lodge. It is positioned on the lodge’s dock. You can watch divers load up and return from their Caribbean adventures.
Utila Lodge Webcam
The paragraph below is from the Utila Lodge’s website. I wanted to share it because it paints this little island in such beautiful light.
Steps from your front door in East Harbor, the Caribbean vibe, accented with the melodic tones of ‘Island Speak’, mixes with an eclectic blend of languages from Utila’s international travel scene. East Harbor provides a great place to wonder through small gift shops, ice cream parlors, funky artistic hotels, and historic buildings. At night the flavors of the island come together at the local watering holes for some lively entertainment, and some unbelievable fish stories!
Let me know if you’ve been to Utila and what you thought.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page