The Moonsplash Music Festival, Anguilla’s preeminent musical celebration, is hosted each year under the March full moon by the island’s reggae legend and event founder, Bankie Banx, at his ultra-funky Dune Preserve beach bar. Dune Preserve is located on the beautiful shores of Rendezvous Bay. More than a 4-day beach party, Moonsplash began as a musical outlet for Bankie Banx and has emerged as a showcase for emerging regional talent and a musical reunion for some of reggae’s finest. Typically a mix of reggae, funk, folk and jazz,
Bankie Banx is Anguilla’s coolest reggae star and the organizer of the island’s biggest and wildest music festival. It’s a can’t miss. Unfortunately I will be missing it.
For over 20 years musicians such as Steel Pulse, Bunny Wailer and Tarrus Riley have rocked Anguilla at this annual weekend festival, held at Banx’s exclusive beach bar. Two nights of concerts are followed by a tremendous beach party, the kind that only the Caribbean can lay claim to.
This year’s party (2011) happens on March 17th to March 20th. If you want to go I suggest making arrangements quickly.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page