The Moonsplash Music Festival, Anguilla’s preeminent musical celebration, is hosted each year under the March full moon by the island’s reggae legend and event founder, Bankie Banx, at his ultra-funky Dune Preserve beach bar. Dune Preserve is located on the beautiful shores of Rendezvous Bay. More than a 4-day beach party, Moonsplash began as a musical outlet for Bankie Banx and has emerged as a showcase for emerging regional talent and a musical reunion for some of reggae’s finest. Typically a mix of reggae, funk, folk and jazz,
Bankie Banx is Anguilla’s coolest reggae star and the organizer of the island’s biggest and wildest music festival. It’s a can’t miss. Unfortunately I will be missing it.
For over 20 years musicians such as Steel Pulse, Bunny Wailer and Tarrus Riley have rocked Anguilla at this annual weekend festival, held at Banx’s exclusive beach bar. Two nights of concerts are followed by a tremendous beach party, the kind that only the Caribbean can lay claim to.
This year’s party (2011) happens on March 17th to March 20th. If you want to go I suggest making arrangements quickly.
If you are unfamiliar with Bankie Banx here is his story. Cash in on Bankie Banx. This Bankie Banx post was one of the first things I wrote about on RumShopRyan back in 2009. I love his music. He tells great stories with this music and it is sure to make you feel like you already have your toes in the beautiful sands of Anguilla.
If you would like to check out Bankie’s music, here are some albums that I think you will most enjoy as you kick back with a cold boat drink in your hand.
Let me know if you’ve ever been to Moonsplash and what you thought.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page