The island offers mostly up-scale accommodations. On the ocean side, hotels include Pink Sands Hotel, Coral Sands Hotel and The Dunmore. On the bay side of the island, the Legendary Valentines Resort and Marina. Other hotels as well as bed and breakfast accommodations are available for the budget minded traveler. Harbour Island is not inexpensive destination, but if it was then everybody would be there, wouldn’t they?
Harbour Island’s weather is moderate and wonderful; especially during the Winter and Spring months when the weather is more temperate. Ocean breezes take the edge off of moderately warm temperatures ranging from the 70s to 80s during the day and late 60s at night. Air conditioning during season is unnecessary, ceiling fans normally suffice.
Dining on the island is casual and delightful. There are many restaurants to choose from. For upscale dining the Rock house, Harbour Lounge and The Boat House Restaurant are brilliant dining experiences. For local taste and dining flare Ma Ruby’s and Arthur’s Bakery also offer wonderful cuisine.
Harbour Island offers an authentic travel experience. What travelers find is a warm and friendly attitude towards visitors of the island. What you won’t find are wild parties, crowds, traffic jams or a canned experience common to many vacation destinations. The island distinguishes itself from the other islands of the Caribbean and does not offer gambling, theme parks or high pressure sales outlets, just a laid back Bahamian way of life.
For a slice of paradise like no other, head for Harbour Island which is ranked as the Best Island in the Caribbean by the likes of Conde Nast & Fodors. Renown for unparalleled fishing excursions, diving and pink sand beaches surrounded by turquoise waters. The best part about it is that this is paradise undiscovered, so it feels like a world of your own when you’re there, a private paradise, just for you.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Oakes
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page