After one sip, you’ll be climbing coconut palms while wielding a machete.
The Coconut Cruise. Are you wondering if this island cocktail tastes as smooth as its name? There’s only one way to find out. Bottoms up!
I don’t drink a lot of Bacardi rum, not because I don’t like it, but because I seem to gravitate to the Cruzan, Pyrat and Mt. Gay rums. I usually have my Bacardi as a 151 floater on a friendly RumRunner at Ft. Myers Beach. (Warning: those will sneak up on you in a big way!) The great think about Bacardi is all the flavors. Today’s Coconut Cruise for example uses…you guessed it, coconut flavored rum. The different rum flavors are excellent for mixed drinks and are guaranteed to put a silly smile on your face.
Now kick back, mix up a Coconut Cruise and revel in the fact that today is hump day and the weekend is just around the corner!
Coconut Cruise Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz Bacardi Island Breeze Coconut
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- juice of half lime1/4 oz triple sec
- Club soda
- Garnish: lemon twist
Mix coconut rum, cranberry juice, lime juice and triple sec in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a highball glass over ice. Top with club soda and garnish with lemon twist. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you mix up the Coconut Cruise. I want a full report Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page